Maybe it’s just the nostalgia talking, but there was a time when listening to black metal was a lot less complicated. Nowadays the pressure’s on to redefine your listening experience. Is what you’re listening to hyperborean? Are you being drawn into the ever decreasing, cataclysmic and stupefying void of nihilism, or are the wide-open steppes of poetic and spiritual transcendentalism on the horizon? Personally, I’m tired of that argument... Read More
- Sinistrous Diabolus: Total Doom//Desecration.
- Shallow Grave — S/T
- Matt Hinch: Interview
- Device—Lost My Soul (Single)
- Exordium Mors—Sacrifice, Perish and Demise EP
- Old Loaves—Bad Rides 7″/Drowser LP.
- Device—Enemy Blood (Single)
- Arc of Ascent—The Higher Key
- Kelly, Von Till and Wino—Songs of Townes Van Zandt
- Barren Earth—The Devil’s Resolve
- High on Fire—De Vermis Mysteriis
- ABAZAGORATH— ABAZAGORATH EP
- Labels—Dark Descent
Aosoth Atma avant-garde Avichi Baroness Beastwars Beast Wars black metal Canada Classic metal Converge Craft death metal Deus Otiosus Device doom epigrams Experimental folk Fucked Up Gigan interview Kroda Mark of Man New Zealand Bands Noise NZ Metal pagan post-metal Profound Lore prog progressive punk rock satan sludge space Spook The Horses stoner Sunn O))) tech death metal thrash metal Thurston Moore toothache Yob