And so returneth the mesmerizing doom outfit Yob with Atma, their second album for pioneering Canadian label Profound Lore. Their first, The Great Cessation, was released in 2009 after they reformed following several years of inactivity. Cessation deservedly sat atop plenty of best-of lists for that year and was a mammoth, hypnotizing album, a very welcome slab of churning dirges and sweeping riffs that curved towards the darkly contemplative... Read More
- Sinistrous Diabolus: Total Doom//Desecration.
- Shallow Grave — S/T
- Matt Hinch: Interview
- Device—Lost My Soul (Single)
- Exordium Mors—Sacrifice, Perish and Demise EP
- Old Loaves—Bad Rides 7″/Drowser LP.
- Device—Enemy Blood (Single)
- Arc of Ascent—The Higher Key
- Kelly, Von Till and Wino—Songs of Townes Van Zandt
- Barren Earth—The Devil’s Resolve
- High on Fire—De Vermis Mysteriis
- ABAZAGORATH— ABAZAGORATH EP
- Labels—Dark Descent
Aosoth Atma avant-garde Avichi Baroness Beastwars Beast Wars black metal Canada Classic metal Converge Craft death metal Deus Otiosus Device doom epigrams Experimental folk Fucked Up Gigan interview Kroda Mark of Man New Zealand Bands Noise NZ Metal pagan post-metal Profound Lore prog progressive punk rock satan sludge space Spook The Horses stoner Sunn O))) tech death metal thrash metal Thurston Moore toothache Yob