Benevolent Brutality Brutal is a word bandied around a lot in the metal community, but brutality shouldn’t necessarily be measured by plain old heaviness or technical ability alone. There are plenty of bands that are barbaric, unrelentingly callous and cold, but aside from a certain weight there’s often little else except vacuous clatter. Not that I’m disparaging noise for noise’s sake. I’ve got plenty of mindlessly battering artists in... Read More
- Sinistrous Diabolus: Total Doom//Desecration.
- Shallow Grave — S/T
- Matt Hinch: Interview
- Device—Lost My Soul (Single)
- Exordium Mors—Sacrifice, Perish and Demise EP
- Old Loaves—Bad Rides 7″/Drowser LP.
- Device—Enemy Blood (Single)
- Arc of Ascent—The Higher Key
- Kelly, Von Till and Wino—Songs of Townes Van Zandt
- Barren Earth—The Devil’s Resolve
- High on Fire—De Vermis Mysteriis
- ABAZAGORATH— ABAZAGORATH EP
- Labels—Dark Descent
Aosoth Atma avant-garde Avichi Baroness Beastwars Beast Wars black metal Canada Classic metal Converge Craft death metal Deus Otiosus Device doom epigrams Experimental folk Fucked Up Gigan interview Kroda Mark of Man New Zealand Bands Noise NZ Metal pagan post-metal Profound Lore prog progressive punk rock satan sludge space Spook The Horses stoner Sunn O))) tech death metal thrash metal Thurston Moore toothache Yob